First week in China

The first site we went to see was the Great Wall of China. It was so beautiful and amazing. It took 2 hours to climb to the top of the short side. Oh my goodness, my legs were shaking by the time I got down. I found it very interesting how the locals wanted to take so many pictures with us. It was pretty fun. After we were done we went to dinner. I tried blood for the first time and quail eggs, it was good. Of course there was plenty of other food also; beef, pork, lamb, noodles, mushrooms, tofu, duck tongue.
The next day we went to the summer palace and the forbidden city. Both amazing places, what architecture there is here. Both of these places were built for the emperor and his wives. The summer palace had its own lake. china trip 015

china trip 023

china trip 034

china trip 030

2 thoughts on “First week in China

1. And that was only a very, very small portion of the whole 6,000 mile long structure. We got to see where they are renovating parts of the wall that tourists can’t walk on.

I’d forgotten we ate the quail eggs! They weren’t bad, just really hot, especially the yoke. The blood had a weird texture but not much flavor. Hot pot sure was an interesting dinner!! Quil