Week 4

Well this week was a slow week for me. Mostly because I didn’t have anything planned on the weekend which is the first time since I’ve been here. The funnest thing I did this week was go to another soccer game, but unlike any soccer game it was against one of the most favorited mexican teams. Las Chivas de Guadalajara. They are my favorite simply because my dad is from Guadalajara and we have cheer for them my entire life.
Chivas game
That was on friday and we all decided to go out after the game for one of the girls thats with us birthday. We are all missing a home a little so we decided on a burger place that was surprisingly good. After the game I walked home at around 12am which didn’t feel sketchy at all but we just won’t tell my mom I did that.
I woke up on Saturday at around 8 am simply because I can’t sleep in any later but I’m glad I did. My host mom invited me to a Baptism/birthday party, I without a thought said yes and it was really fun. It was buffet style so there was a lot of great food that I enjoyed. Tequila, cerveza, and agua de jamaica. All great options for adults. There was a piƱata and a really good cake. We were one of the first to arrive and last to leave. We had a great time.
party
Sunday rolled around and again I wake up at around 8 am. Then my host my says. Would you like to cook me a meal again. I said yes. I asked if her daughter and son in law were coming over and she was real quick to invited them over for breakfast. I made them some fluffy scrambled eggs, with french toast. They made it seem like they were in love. The daughter loved the eggs the most. I was like wow. Those were the easiest to make. Then we all had a lazy sunday afternoon and they asked what I wanted to make for dinner and I was like, what?? Ok since I love to cook. I thought well I should show off my mexican food and see if they approved so I made ceviche and they loved it as well. They actually later told my that the daughter doesn’t like seafood but she loved my ceviche so I guess I impressed them with my cooking, which I’m glad I got to do simply because I love to cook at home and it made me miss my family. I’m more than half way through and home is looking closer and closer. I’m glad Im here but I’ll be happy going home.
Breakfast and lunch I made

One thought on “Week 4