Arrival Home!

image image

Sorry for taking so long to post this last blog assignment! Things have been super busy since I got back. Well. Once we got to Texas I already debated getting on a flight that just so happened to be going back to Mexico….Courtney, Josh, and Sarah wouldn’t let me though 🙁 I was excited to come back and see my family and friends but at the same time I didn’t want to come back to reality! I made so many friends there in Querétaro and had just started getting really close with quite a few of them that made it so hard to say goodbye. I’m already planning a trip back this Winter Break….haha we’ll see if that’s possible though.

So I went straight to Taco Bell the second I left the airport…which is ironic because you would think I want real Mexican food since I was there for a while…but I missed the American version of Mexican food…maybe cause I knew I wouldn’t get sick? Who knows. I can eat cheese again!! Which makes me happier than it should. I was also glad to escape from the heat for a while!

I definitely miss Querétaro…like…a lot. I would totally go back and live there for the rest of summer but I have another adventure coming up…I’m visiting my family back in Kuwait for about a month so maybe that will keep my mind off Mexico. Or maybe it won’t. I still keep in touch with my host parents and the friends I made. I skype with those friends to keep up my Spanish and then in return I help them with their English!

Take me back please…?

image image image

4 thoughts on “Arrival Home!

1. I think Taco Bell is one of the things that I miss the most here and will be among the first places I go to when I return home in week or so. It’s different for me though because in Argentina, Mexican food is pretty rare and the food here is not similar at all to Mexican food. Gotta love that T-bell!

2. I’m so glad that Queretaro was a positive experience for you. From your writing, I can tell how much you learned. Leaving the host culture is never easy and it’s wonderful that you plan to stay in touch with your host family. Michele

3. I can definitely sympathize with your difficulties leaving your host country as I’m going through the same thing right now. It seems so easy to make new friends when you’re thrown out of your comfort zone and into a new culture. Hope it’s not too hard to keep in touch!

4. I’m 3 weeks away and I’m ready to go home as well. It great here but I miss my family and things. Glad to see you made it safely. I will see you on Campus i’m sure. See you in a few weeks.