Week 5/Pre-Departure

imageimage

image

image

It’s week 5 already?! No! I’m so not ready to leave! At all! We went to the Karaoke place again this last week with some new friends we made! People-our age- are usually super friendly! I love how open they are to meeting new people! However, if I’m walking with a Mexican guy, and a Mexican girl passes by us, I notice they tend to shove me…push me…a little more violently than I expected. I know the reasoning behind it but its a little bit funny to me. I got to play soccer with my amigo that I made here! I went to his game and afterwards him & I played a little bit! It was fun! We had our finals already and they weren’t what I was expecting. For our oral class we gave a 10 minute conversation about topics covered in class. My topic was similarities between here and Kuwait. But we couldn’t have any notes, only pictures. Also, our final was in a restaurant! At 7 p.m. last night actually! After we finished he told us our grades for the class. I got an A+! Woohoo! I’m not sure about my other classes yet though…we haven’t heard back yet. I love having this ESOL class here because it fits so well with the culture here and we can witness stuff we discuss in class firsthand. Guess what else we got to do! Go to Walmart! We were way beyond excited because we found some delicious cheddar cheese! And we saw Mac N’ Cheese! We were almost in tears, we were so happy. Our friend looked at us weird for freaking out about things we really missed from the States! We each have a list of things we want the second we get back. But there are also so many things I will miss from here! The pictures are above cause I couldn’t arrange them the way I wanted. But yeah,,,so Mexican hot chocolate is delicious! And pan dulce….so good! Also the Oreo Frappe! Ohmygoodness. Why doesn’t this exist anywhere else? So yes obviously I will miss the food! All the buildings here are so beautiful and I will miss looking at them…which sounds weird but…they’re cool! The little markets are so cute and I love walking around and talking to people! i will definitely miss my new friends here! I feel like I’ve made so many friends super quickly and now it’s sad that I have to say goodbye to them since we got so close so fast! And my family too…oh my family. They are so cute and I might cry right now just thinking about saying goodbye to them…I’m so upset! I don’t want to leave here at all. I’m sure my real family wouldn’t mind at all if I just stayed for the rest of summer, right? I’ll definitely be back here though. You can count on it. Te Quiero Queretaro (I love you Queretaro) 🙂

One thought on “Week 5/Pre-Departure

1. I can see how much you have fallen in love with Queretaro and it’s people. I’m so glad that this has been a rich experience for you and that you’ve excelled at your language learning.

Many students become very attached to their host families, and they experience a real sense of loss on leaving. Do whatever you can to stay in touch with your new family. You’ll enrich your life and theirs by doing so.

Michele