Week two in London!

I cannot describe what an amazing experience this has been! I have seen more things sense I have been here than all year.  These have been two of the very best weeks. I have seen things I couldn’t even imagine, and met people I will never forget. I have learned so much about myself in such a short time. I can hardly believe it has already been two weeks, but at the same time it seems like I have been in London for so much longer.

I have really been enjoying my time in London. I have been trying to fit a lot of things in these two weeks because I know time is going to start flying bye. My class took a field trip to The Winston Churchill Museum and The War Rooms. It was definitely worth seeing. It is hard to imagine what living though a war would be like, but walking through this, it gave me a little taste of what thousands of people were forced to live through. The war rooms are all underground, and you really get that feeling. No natural light, and a bit of a musty smell accompanies the the war rooms. 

I had been told the shopping here is really great, and that was no lie! They have so many different markets as well as stores. Because of the unexpected heat wave I have had to buy more summer clothes, and it has been very easy! The only hard part is the exchange rate. I exchanged 100 U.S dollars and in return got 54 pounds. I try to keep this in mind when buying things, that it ends up being almost double of the price in the U.S.

I only have two weeks left. I can’t believe it! As of now I am not even close to ready to be going home. I have already started planning where I will want to go on my next visit to the UK.

2 thoughts on “Week two in London!

1. I am so glad your time here has been rewarding and that you want to return some day. You write, “I have learned so much about myself in such a short time.” What are some of the most important things you have learned and how do you think these will impact your life in the future? Michele

• I have always been an independent person and I have always wanted to travel, but these three weeks in London have really made me see how much I want to see the world. I have learned I can do things by myself, and I just need to get out there and try new things. Also, I think this experience has really helped show me who I am, and who I want to be. Coming here I knew no one, and I have really enjoyed making new friends, and experiencing new things.