Soon to depart!

Hey, my nickname is Aqua and I’m traveling to China for a few weeks. A small group of us will be leaving soon.  I’m very excited for this trip as it will be my first out of country journey!  I’m sure this trip will be an experience of a lifetime full of many great time and hopefully not many challenges.  I’m looking forward to exploring a new cuisine, new culture and a different geology and biology than I’m accustomed to.  I’m most excited about exploring Tai Chi with world renowned masters, exploring the National Park and studying traditional Chinese medicine. (photo from google images,   http://www.topchinatravel.com/pic/city/zhangjiajie/attractions/Zhangjiajie-National-Forest-Park-10.jpg)

The Chinese culture I don’t know a whole lot about except that it is under great change as the government and the society adapts to the technological and industrial revolutions occurring now. I think the most difficult thing for me to adapt to (besides the language barrier) will be the immense amount of people in one area.  I’m from a small town, yet our first destination in China is Beijing, with a population of 20 million people.  I’m very excited to learn about their culture and way of life beyond the common notions of samurai warriors and silent monks.

Packing has begun but it seems there wont be enough room for everything I want to take with me; let along room for souvenirs to bring back for friends and family.  But that will all be figured out in the next few days before departure!

This will be a great trip!  Aqua

One thought on “Soon to depart!

1. I am excited for your group, and I’m so glad Patty is your leader. I know you all will have an amazing time. Traveling abroad is never without a few challenges, but you have the right attitude and will go with the flow. Safe travels, Michele