Pre-Departure

I am about five hours away from heading to the Portland Airport to begin my trip to Queretaro, Mexico. I am honestly feeling very anxious to go on this trip alone. I’ve actually been to Mexico a few times, being that my dad is from a Guadalajara, Jalisco. I haven’t been to Mexico in about 13 years so to say that I know what’s is waiting for me would be a lie.
image

This is a taco stand that I remember are everywhere in Mexico and if my memory serves me right they always have the best tasting tacos. You do have to be careful to what you’re eating simply because your stomach isn’t ready for some of the foods and will make you sorry for eating that kind of food. So, I will be watching what I eat for sure.
image

This is a Catholic Church and even thought I don’t know where this one is located I can tell you that there will be something similar to it close to where I’ll be for the next six weeks.

I am very excited for this chapter in my life and I can’t wait to fast forward to next year when I can say that this trip has been the best thing I have done throughout my college days. Until next time. Hasta luego.

One thought on “Pre-Departure

1. People often experience some anticipatory anxiety before a study abroad program. Even though you know a lot a out Mexico, there are still some unknowns. I’m excited for you to have this opportunity to study and live in Mexico, and I know you’ll do well. Michele