Saturday and Scotland Draw Ever Closer

I don’t actually know what Edinburgh will be like and, to me, that’s the exciting part; getting to write my experience while I go along. I know I do have some preconceived notions – really, it’s impossible not to, though I’m very happy to say none of them involve kilts or haggis – but I won’t be able to tell you what they are until they’re proven wrong. And that’s the fun part, isn’t it? Finding out what’s actually true, how things really work, what the people are like. Because the people are what make a place, and I think that’s what I’m looking forward to most; the chance to met people and see what they, and the people who came before them, have managed to make out of the world. The human race is endlessly fascinating. It always has been, and I doubt it’ll stop being so any time soon.

So, I think I’m ready. I’m nervous, and anxious, but the waiting is always the worst part of anything. I’ve been on enough short trips to know that. But more than that, more than the insane worry that Heathrow International Airport will defy it’s purpose of safely transporting passengers from one locale to another and be an unnavigable maze in which I will get lost and miss my connecting flight (which it won’t), I’m excited, and I can’t wait to try something new.

Kat

2 thoughts on “Saturday and Scotland Draw Ever Closer

1. I like this: “Finding out what’s actually true, how things really work, what the people are like.” That’s a wonderful attitude to have as you begin this adventure–a willingness to listen, observe, and learn. And not to worry–Heathrow works well. I’ve never had trouble getting from one terminal to another to catch the next flight. The airport employees are really helpful. Michele

2. I really enjoyed my brief time in Scotland — I only got to spend a few days there, in Edinburgh and a bus tour through the highlands — and I wish I could been there for longer. Of the UK countries I visited while abroad, Scotland was my favorite. I loved the general environment and the culture. I would definitely advise taking a tour through the countryside and visiting Loch Ness.