Last Day In the UK

Back to the states I go, I don’t feel ready to leave. I feel like I still have so much more to learn about this big city. The history behind every building, location, and the people here is absolutely grand. I had pictured getting myself lost in London, and yes I sure did but I was able to familiarize myself more and more as the days went on. Seeming as I walked everywhere I went for the majority of the trip. I made sure to visit St. Paul’s Cathedral that was located in St. Paul London once more before departing, as it was one of my favorite views to see.

St. Pauls Cathedral

St. Pauls Cathedral

St. Pauls and all its beauty

St. Pauls and all its beauty

St. Paul London

St. Paul London

One thing I really was able to take in well was the culture and the foods that came with it. For breakfast most morning I had the typical English breakfast. It consisted of grilled tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms in butter and garlic, English sausage, croissants with different flavored jelly’s, hash browns, cooked ham, and eggs. Not only and English breakfast but I was delighted to see all the other cultures around in London. I went to a Turkish restaurant and the food was to die for.

Turkish Food

Turkish Food

One thing I did today on my last day was walk around Picadilli Circus which is a central area in London. I just wanted to take it all in for one last time.

Picadilli Circus: Londons Major Area

Picadilli Circus: Londons Major Area

Returning home is a bittersweet feeling. I met so many wonderful people on this trip that I came to be really close with. I was really beginning to adjust and know where I was going. I am not ready to leave. The city is big, and although I expected to feel very small, I actually felt bigger than ever. I found to have more confidence in myself as time went on, learning how to use the tube, and meeting people. I’m sad that this journey was so short. If I could do it over again, I would come back for a whole term or longer. My roommate and I got really close if there is anyone I’m really going to miss, it’s her.

The Roommate for two weeks

The Roommate for two weeks

One thought on “Last Day In the UK