Emotions, Expectations and Excitement

396808_10151002140138476_942455531_nSmall town girl, on to the big city.

This photo captures my home-town, and represents the beginning of where I started-where I grew up. In a city as big as London, a small town girl as myself feels very nervous. I look at this adventure as a stepping stone in my life-another step into growing up. From what I know, the american culture to European culture shows many differences in foods, sports, money, and government. I cant wait to taste the difference in foods, and in the culture. I feel anxious in getting a little piece of it all. Im going with an open mind, heart, and positive attitude. I am hoping on getting the whole experience and really connecting with the city in that little time I have there. Up to this point in my life, this has to be one of the most far fetched things I have done. I can’t wait to see what London has to offer. But more than anything, I hope this gives me the confidence to keep doing bigger and better things.

Growing up in a small town, and going to college in a small town, I would have never expected myself to do anything out of my comfort zone. Even back home,  I still don’t know all the street names around there, because I have gotten so used to just getting around, and sticking to “what I already know”. So this time I told myself I needed to do something that was different from anything I have ever done. Now here I am,  a sophomore in college, ready to see what this big world has to offer me. My emotions are all over the place, me being the home-grown girl that I am. My expectations are up in the air, and the excitement is never ending.

Jenny

One thought on “Emotions, Expectations and Excitement