Underwater Panama

Underwater Panama

So I went to Panama and it was one of my favorite places. It was quite a trip to get there and renew our visas but it was worth it! We took a bus down to the border, walked the border, took a taxi into Bocas del Toro, and then a taxi boat to the island that our hostel was on. Our first day we went on a dolphin tour where we saw many dolphins. We couldnt swim with them do to giant swarms of jellyfish everywhere though. After that, we went to a different area and went snorkeling. This pic was taken by a friends underwater camera! The marine life here was fantastic and what made it even more cool was the fact that I am currently taking Marine Bio so we were able to identify species or take pics to ask our prof later. We saw brittle stars, starfish, sea squirts, sea sponges, corals, and much more. We then went to a beautiful beach where we spent the rest of the day relaxing and soaking up the extremely intense sun. Panama is essentially on the equator so it is really, really hot and humid. The next day we hung out at a place called the Aqua Lounge which had swings into the ocean and a trampoline set up to jump in as well. It also had cut outs in the deck that were kind of like swimming pools. The water fleas were a nuissance and I got my foot stuck in the deck which was painful. But overall it was a lot of fun. We thoroughly enjoyed small things like having a kitchen available as well.. we formed groups and made meals. The trip was so much fun even though it was required for our visas.

One thought on “Underwater Panama