Back to my Old Life… :(

My first thought as I landed back into the United States was content. I was thankful that I did not get stuck in the Buenos Aires airport, or that my suitcases didn’t get confiscated. In that moment, joy rushed over my body knowing that I didn’t get stranded in a foreign country. Image

At first I was glad to be home. I missed my family, my boyfriend, and my little dog, Nikita. But I felt as though something was missing. I had gotten so used to hearing and speaking Spanish 24/7 that I felt like I wasn’t doing something right here. It was so awkward at first speaking and hearing only English. Coming back to a town that is dead all the time, and has no noise whatsoever has been difficult to readjust to. But I have to admit, every night so far that I have been back sleeping in my own bed, I have slept like a baby. Something about the comfort of my own home.

Image

In the amount of 7 weeks, I learned a lot from Argentina. Their way of living and the foods they eat and the items they possess are completely different from ours. But I would not say that they are any less important. Argentines are very passionate about their way of living. I only hope that someday we can be as passionate and realize that possessions don’t make a person.

Argentina will forever be in my heart. I can only imagine what is going on while I am away. I am excited for the day that I can return and possible work in the school system. Studying abroad has changed my life, and I hope that others had the same wonderful experiences as I did.  Melissa

Image

One thought on “Back to my Old Life… :(

1. I have so enjoyed reading the posts from you and the entire Argentina group. I’ve learned something different from each of you through your individual ways of observing the world and sharing your insights with us. I feel so fortunate to have followed all of you this summer. Michele