An Easy Life

Being back in America has been a change. Not a good change or a bad change. Just a change. I feel a more lazy and useless, obviously there was a lot more to do in London then my tiny uni town. Because London was the greatest place I’ve ever been, I feel a bit depressed having to be away from it. But it does feel nice to see my best friend everyday again, she is the only thing I missed about home. I appreciate my own nice and comfy bed and not having to wake up early.  Allison

my best friend, Anna, and me

2 thoughts on “An Easy Life

1. Leaving a place that you fell in love with is very difficult. You absorbed London to the fullest possible extent for the month you were there, and it’s natural to miss that wonderful city. You were there just long enough to begin to feel comfortable and to feel more like a resident instead of a tourist, then suddenly you had to come home. London is now part of your life experience and the complete integration of that experience takes place over time. Michele

2. I am definitely not anticipating the feeling of doing nothing when I return home. I am glad you have been able to reconnect with your best friend, and I hope she will be able to help you in integrating your new experiences in such a way that you end up happier. I hope that the depression and feeling useless are short lived and that your experience helps you to have a more rounded experience over all!