There’s No Place Like Home

Arriving in London was hectic and exciting and I was buzzing with nerves. Even though I had been awake all night traveling, unable to sleep on the plane, when we landed I felt wide awake. Everything was new and exciting. When we got off the plane it was like running a gauntlet. We had to race to immigration and get our passports stamped then we had to run and get our bags and then we met up with people from different schools and all gathered for the coach that would take us to our home for the next month. All of it was energizing and scary and new and exciting and I was filled with energy and ready to see everything. I was ready for an adventure!!

Coming home was different. I still was unable to sleep on the plane and the gauntlet was basically the same, but instead of being exciting it was more aggravating because I wanted to be home and with my family.

I was very excited to be home and it was great to see my family again. I was filled with a different kind of excitement though. The adventure was coming to a close, I traveled for 25 hours without sleep and I really wanted a pillow. But it was wonderful to see the trees that they didn’t have in London and to recognize the roads I was on, and to see the Space Needle and to know that I was home. Though needless to say I did feel better and was more excited after I slept because then I got to pass out presents.

Both journey’s were wonderful, they were both part of the same adventure, this one was more bitter sweet because it felt more like an ending. Though every ending is a beginning, so the next adventure has already begun!!

Angela

One thought on “There’s No Place Like Home

1. Welcome home! Though both journeys were part of the same journey, you note the bitter sweetness of the return journey. I can understand that feeling. You had begun to feel at home in London and now you’ve left London behind. And four weeks go by so quickly. I hope you’re able to return to London someday. Michele