Here’s what you can do with the My Library account through the library catalog:
- Review what you have currently checked out, including due dates. This includes Summit and Interlibrary Loan items in your possession as well as Hamersly-owned items.
- Renew items of Hamersly-owned items (when renewal is allowable) and see the new due dates.
- Place holds on Hamersly-owned items. Use the Request button and we’ll retrieve and hold the item for you at the Checkout Desk.
- Connect to Summit Requests to review the status of your requests.
- Connect to Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Requests to a) review the status of your requests, b) request a renewal from the lending library, and c) get a blank request form rather than requesting via a database.
- Go to My Reading History, the record of Hamersly-owned items that you checked out in the past. Please note that you must opt-in for the history to start accumulating; for privacy reasons we have the library system set to not retain checkout records once items are returned. If you choose to opt-in, you can always delete individual items from your history.
- Rate library items (whether or not you’ve ever checked them out) in a five-star system, and review your ratings The item’s catalog record will include your anonymous rating averaged with any other ratings it’s received by other library patrons. The catalog’s rating system is not connected to any outside service.
- Set or modify your “preferred searches.” Preferred searches are really handy if you have a favorite author or subject, or if you’ve developed an advanced search you don’t want to remember and rekey several months later. You can rerun the search manually, or the catalog can email you when the library adds new items that meet your search criteria.