Being prepared with knowledge and planning helps you be ready to help others and not be just a victim!
Make a Plan ~ Develop an emergency plans which includes evacuation from home, work, and your community. Gather emergency phone numbers and send the information about your plan to a relative or friend in another state. It also can help to send them a copy of important numbers you will need on Insurance, Medical records, banks, etc..
- Emergency Communication Plan
- Financial Emergency Plan
- Do 1 Thing ~ Do 1 Thing is a 12-month program that makes it easy for you to prepare yourself, your family, and your community for emergencies or disasters. Getting Started is Easy. Being prepared for disasters and emergencies can seem like a big job. Many people don’t know where to start, so they never start at all. With Do 1 Thing you can take small steps that make a big difference in an emergency.
Make a Kit ~ Collect and assemble supplies which include food, water and/or water filters, and supplies for at least 3 days. Here are examples of ideas to include in your kit. (2017 – Suggestions are now to gather supplies for at least 3 weeks.)
WOU CERT Team started July 2016. Interested in training to be better prepared? Find out when the next training will be in Polk, Benton, Yamhill or Marion County.
Great Oregon ShakeOut 10-18 -18 at 10:20 am
- DROP – COVER – HOLD ON
- Unprepared: An Oregon Field Guide Special
- How to prepare for the Cascadia Quake
- Monmouth, Oregon predictions of Earthquake
- What your home prepared emergency kit checklist
Emergency Kit –
- FEMA – Financial Preparedness checklist – EMERFinancialChecklist