FedEx Express Services Done
FedEx offers multiple types of shipping speeds:
- FedEx First Overnight – delivered the next day by 8:30am; not available in all locations
- FedEx Priority Overnight – delivered the next day before noon; guaranteed time depends on location of delivery
- FedEx Standard Overnight – delivered the next day, before the end of the day
- FedEx 2Day AM – delivered the second business day before noon
- FedEx 2Day – delivered the second business day before the end of the day
- FedEx Express Saver – delivery depends upon location, but usually between 2-4 business days
Obviously, the faster shipping times will be more expensive, but even beyond speed, FedEx shipping rates are dependent upon multiple factors. For instance:
How is your shipment packaged… box or envelope?
How much does it weight?
How much is it worth?
Where is it going?
Is it going to a business or a residence?
And…well, I’m sure there’s other stuff.
Add to all those factors external factors such as weather, gas prices and zoning and you’ve got one complicated pricing schematic. Because of this, FedEx put together a “flat rate” pricing system, similar to USPS. Regardless of the weight (up to the indicated maximum) and destination (as long as it’s domestic), the price will not change (until FedEx raises their prices again).