Grad Profile: Efrain Quevedo-Ramos

First-generation student Efrain Quevedo-Ramos tried a couple of colleges, but found his best fit was close to his home of Dallas, Ore. He’s graduating with a bachelor’s in Business and a minor in Communications. Congratulations, Efrain!

Why did you choose WOU?
Smaller campus, great atmosphere, and closer to home.

What do you love most about WOU?
All the great new friends and staff members that I met here at WOU. They all have changed my life in one way or another.

What do you love most about the major/minors/degree you completed?
I really understand how most companies run their business and now I can see what I would do to run an organization to be successful.

Outside of classes, what have you been involved in on campus?
Omega Delta Phi Fraternity Inc., Upward Bound, MCR, Alternative Break Costa Rica and Columbia Gorge, Fraternity and Sorority Council, and Dutch Bros. All of these organizations and programs I have been a part of have shaped me to become a better individual and to really go on and pursue my passion in Higher Education.

Efrain Quevedo-RamosWhat has been your biggest achievement, success or accomplishment in college?
Graduating! I am the first in my family to do this and knowing the sacrifices that my family all made for me to do this, makes me feel so proud. It shows that a lot can be accomplish if you put your mind to it.

What will you miss most about college?
The staff, SEP advisors, and the Upward Bound Program.

What are your plans for after graduation?
Hopefully getting a job!

What advice do you have for current and future Wolves?
Get involved as much as possible. It does make a difference and gives anyone that leadership experience that careers so desperately want.

What do you know now that you wish you knew your first term in college?
Everything will be okay, have confidence in myself, and to not get distracted.

What is your favorite spot on campus and why?
The Health and Wellness Center because I like to play basketball, and the swinging chairs at the RWEC.

Did you have any funny mishaps or moments of confusion when you first started at WOU?
I went to the wrong class my first day of school here at WOU. That has never happened before but I played it off really smooth.

What’s the most important lesson you learned about yourself while in college?
Just to relax. Focus on what motivated you to come to college and use that to drive you to do bigger and better things. We all deserve to be here and just remember that everyone matters.

Meta