Education and Leadership
Application, Process & Advising
Thank you for your interest in the Division of Education and Leadership. We recommend that you consult with one of our academic advisors before beginning this process.
Access the complete undergraduate and early childhood licensure advising guide..
Post-Baccalaureate and Graduate Advisor:
Step 1: All prospective candidates first need to apply to WOU
- Be admitted to Western Oregon University
- For Undergraduates:
- Schedule an appointment with one of our Undergraduate Advisors: Darlene Fritz (email@example.com) or Emily Pahlke (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Complete application requirements as listed in the advising guide. and all undergraduate degree requirements (linked to wou.edu/academics/education)
- Undergraduate Professional Licensure Program Application
- For Post-baccalaureate, Master of Arts in Teaching, MSEd, MSEd Information Technology and the ESOL, ESOL/Bilingual and Reading Endorsement Programs:
- Schedule an appointment with our Post-bacc & Graduate Programs Entry Advisor: Emily Pahlke: email@example.com, RWEC 164, (503) 838-8675
- Post-Baccalaureate Program Application
- Elementary Master of Arts in Teaching Program Application and Guide
- Master of Arts in Teaching Application
- Master of Science in Education Application
- Master of Science in Education: Information Technology Application
- For MSEd Special Education:
- For MSEd Deaf and Hard of Hearing Educator:
Cohort Entry Points and Application Deadlines
|Spring 2019||Summer 2019||Fall 2019||Winter 2020||Spring 2020|
|MSEd: Info Tech||6/11/2018||6/10/2018||12/21/2018||3/18/2019|
NOTE: MSEd and MAT Applications. Students must apply to the Graduate Programs Office at least one week prior to applying to the MSED or MAT programs.
Teacher Licensure Exams
All programs in the Division of Teacher Education require passing certain exams as stipulated by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC). Careful attention to studying for these exams is recommended, and many are required prior to entering your program. Please visit our teacher licensure exams page to learn more about these tests and the resources available to help you succeed.