Office of Clinical Practice & Licensure
The COE’s Office of Clinical Practice and Licensure
The Office of Clinical Practice and Licensure has a two-fold mission to serve the students of both our undergraduate and graduate teacher licensure, endorsement, specialization and certificate programs.
The Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission requires certain tests be completed as part of most programs. Our office monitors current standards and testing requirements carefully to keep our faculty and students informed and on track. Careful attention to the deadlines associated with these tests is needed to insure that your application to the program is complete. In order to support our students in this endeavor, the CPL office maintains a complete list of these tests, as well as helping coordinate test preparation opportunities to promote student success.
- Licensure Exams: This page contains guidance and resources to help you prepare for and successfully pass the required tests.
This office also coordinates the placement of our teacher candidates into quality, professional learning environments in K-12 School Districts throughout Oregon.
Teacher Candidate Information
Upon successful completion of an initial licensure program, you will need to complete the following in order to process your Oregon Teaching License:
- Forms for licensure
- Resources for Professional Development
- Continuing Professional Development for Licensure Renewal (Oregon TSPC web document)
- OEA resource for first year teachers – (Oregon Education Association document)
DTE Faculty and Field Supervisor Information
- Link to: Initial Licensure Policies Manual
- Field Supervisor position openings
Employment resources for educators: Western Oregon University is committed to helping graduates find employment in Oregon, out of state or in other countries. Please visit WOU Career Services to learn more.
Interim Director of Clinical Practice and Licensure
Field Placement Coordinator
Administrative Program Assistant