Home » The Bilingual Teacher Scholars Program
The Bilingual Teacher Scholars Program
Supportive Partnerships for Excellence in Teaching
The Bilingual Teacher Scholars Program is committed to the diversification of the educator workforce through an innovative and collaborative “grow your own” program in collaboration with major school districts across Oregon. The BTS program includes:
- Seeking outstanding bilingual/bicultural high school students interested in education careers.
- Braiding district and university funds to support all students
- Providing extensive scholarship and remission opportunities to all qualifying students
- Building an annual cohort program of 50-60 students from multiple school districts
- Facilitating monthly professional development activities for future educators
- Focusing on academic success and dual language development
- Delivering academic coursework in both Spanish and English
- Providing the highest quality advising and mentorship
- Supporting test prep and tutoring support to assure ability to pass required educator tests
- Offering summer/school year employment in home district or other agencies
- Assuring student teaching placements in home district
- Guaranteeing “first to interview” status
- Changing the world through excellence in education!
The BTS Program provides a combination of scholarship and tuition assistance up to $6,000 annually and is renewable for up to five years. Recipients must maintain a strong GPA and progress toward graduation to remain eligible for participation.
Bilingual Teacher Scholars Program applications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: To register for the next cohort of Bilingual Teacher Scholars, both your application to WOU Undergraduate programs, and your application to the BTS program, MUST be submitted no later than Friday, December 2nd, 2016!
Still have questions?
Please contact the Bilingual Teacher Scholars Program Coordinator:
Dr. Carmen Cáceda
firstname.lastname@example.org / (503) 838-8409 / RWEC Rm. 222