- Plug in the provided Ethernet cable into your computer and then into the Data jack on the wall.
- Power on your computer and open a web browser.
- You will be automatically taken to a registration page. Follow all online instructions.
- Registration web pages will notify you of your current status and will provide links to Antivirus and Service Packs if needed.
- NOTE: You will need your usename and password during registration (same one you use to get your email). You can find your username and set your password at http://www.wou.edu/accountlookup
- NOTE: Windows 8 users, you will need to run the NAC agent in Windows 7 compatibility mode. To do this exit the NAC Agent in the System try next to your clock.
Locate the NAC icon on your desktop. Right click the icon and select properties. Select the Capability tab at the top. Select to run this as a Windows 7 application. Then click ok and run the program by double clicking it on the desktop.
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4), Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 2), Windows 7, Windows 8, or Mac OSX
- Ethernet Card installed
- Anti-virus: We provide Sophos Anti-Virus program to our students free of charge. AV software not required on Macintosh systems at this time.
- NOTE: We require computers to be fully updated at all times. This includes updating Operating Systems, and keeping anti-virus definitions current.
- List of some of the qualifying Anti-Virus programs:
|Trend Micro-Office Scan
||Microsoft Windows One Care