Skip to main content
Switch to text-only version
Get accessibility information and assistance

Housing and Dining


Common Questions (and Answers)


  • Can we have pets?

    Aquarium Fish with gills and scales are the only pets allowed in the residence halls. Please note that aquarium size is limited to 10 gallons, and there is a limit of one aquarium per resident.


  • Will I be able to keep my same room and roommate all year long?

    Your residential student contract with us is for the entire academic year. As such, barring any difficulties, the room and roommate that are assigned to will stay the same throughout that contract year.


  • Do I have to move my belongings out during winter and spring breaks?

    The residence halls DO close during winter and spring break when there are no classes on campus. Staff is limited and food service in the residence halls also ends with the closure of the halls for the break. However, there is NO need to MOVE all of your belongings out at the end of a term, and then move them back in at the beginning of the next term, if you will still be attending classes at WOU that following term. (With the exception of the closing of the halls at the end of the academic year in June each year. ALL students MUST move out and take all of their belongings with them at that time.) Students can request to stay on campus during these breaks as well. A separate fee for each break is assessed for residents who make a request to stay in the halls for all or any part of winter or spring break.


  • Can I get a room to myself?

    Single rooms are assigned on a priority basis according to the dates of application for a single room and availability of space. Not all requests can be honored. University Housing staff will determine when a room may be used as a single room, and charge accordingly. Requests for single rooms (or decreased occupancy within a multiple-occupancy space) should be made in writing in the University Housing office.


  • I'm interested in getting involved on campus - where can I find out about clubs and organizations?

    For information on activities and organizations on Campus contact the Residence Hall Association office at 503-838-8561, or visit their website at: The RHA office is located in the South Sister Annex - below the Valsetz Dining Hall. For involvement in other campus opportunities, contact the Student Leadership and Activities Office on line at or at 503-838-8064. For information on student clubs contact the Associated Students of Western Oregon University at or call , at 503-838-8533. (Both offices are located in the Werner University Center.) For information on involvement within your living community, contact your Resident Assistant.


  • Is there a student employment office on campus?

    Yes. Contact the Service Learning and Career Development Office located on the lower floor in the Werner University Center.
    They can be reached on line at: Or contact them via telephone at: 503-838-8432.

   PAGE 1/2


University Housing 503-838-8311 | or e-mail:

MissionWestern Oregon University | 345 N. Monmouth Ave. | Monmouth OR 97361 | 503-838-8000(V/TTY) | Admissions 1-877-877-1593 | Text only
sandman-127 Remote IP: ((none!))