Skip to main content
Switch to text-only version
Get accessibility information and assistance

Housing and Dining


Common Questions (and Answers)


  • What is my address? Please Note: You will receive information about your specific RSC (Residential Service Center) Box # and combination to access your mailbox to pick up your mail via our August Email - sent to your student WOU Email Address. This email is scheduled to go out at the end of August.
    We do not have space to store mail prior to your arrival on campus. Thank you for your consideration regarding this.

    Listed below is the format that mail delivered to you in the Residence Halls should be addressed in.

    Your Name

    Your RSC Box #

    347 N. Monmouth Ave.

    Monmouth, OR 97361


  • Who is my roommate?

    You will be receiving information in the mail in late July (for Fall term), telling you who your roommate is; and how to contact them. Due to the number of cancellations and applications that we continue to receive right up to check in day, this information may change, and we will post updates on the WOU Portal as needed. In addition, no specific room numbers will be released until you arrive to check in for Fall Term. For subsequent terms, room numbers and roommate information will not be released until you arrive to check in.


  • What if we don't get along?

    Living with a roommate is most likely a brand new experience for you, but there is no need to be nervous or scared about it. This is an opportunity to embrace with an open mind the people who look differently than you do, who speak differently and who may have been raised differently. Having said all THAT, this roommate "thing" is not without it's challenges. IF YOU HAVE TRIED - if you have been direct and honest with your roommate about the issue(s) you are having, and you find that you simply can NOT get along, your next step is to talk to your Resident Assistant. The RA will take you and your roommate through a mediation process and if warranted, help to facilitate a room change.


  • What size sheets and linens do I need to bring?

    Beds in the halls are 7' 1" in length by 3' 2" wide and all mattresses are 80" long. If you are purchasing linens, you should purchase extra long twins. Many retailers carry extra long sheets. The WOU Residence Hall Association also sponsors the Residence Hall Linens program, where you can purchase extra long sheets, mattress pads and comforters (usually with free shipping, too). Proceeds from this program go back to the RHA and are used for programming and leadership opportunities on campus. Please visit RHA's Residence Hall Linen Program to order. PLEASE NOTE:
    DO NOT
    ship linen packages to arrive early at Western Oregon University.
    We do not have space to store these large parcels prior to your arrival on campus. Thank you for your consideration regarding this.


  • Can we have microwaves?

    Yes, you can have microwaves. Due to space limitations, we encourage you to call your roommate and discuss who will bring what so that large items are not duplicated. Keep in mind that because space IS limited, you might want to consider a smaller microwave.


  • Do you rent refrigerators?

    The University does not have refrigerators available to rent or buy. Refrigerators purchased for use in the residence halls must be no larger than approximately 20" X 20" X36".


  • Where do I get my ID card?

    If you did not get your ID card at SOAR, one can be requested during the day, Monday - Friday in the Werner University Center, at the information desk. There is no charge for the original card. A $15.00 charge must be paid at the time of request for any subsequent replacement cards.


  • Where do I get my meal ticket?

    Your meal ticket is actually your student ID card. If your ID card was not encoded for meal service at SOAR, please go to the University Housing Office. If you don't have an ID card - or have lost your ID card, a temporary card is available through cashiers in Valsetz.
    If you can't find your card you will have to get a new card made up in the WUC. Make sure to stop by the housing office to activate your new card.


  • Where do I get my parking permit?

    Check your WOU email for updates regarding availability of parking permits. Permits are currently scheduled to be available on-line ONLY starting in early September. Log onto the Student Information System (S.I.S.).

  • Cost for Parking Permits are as follows: $81.00/year for primary vehicle. $10.00/year for each additional permit (extra vehicles, etc.). An optional hangtag - which allows further flexibility to move and use with any vehicle the registered permit holder operates is also available for $12.00 with the purchase of your primary annual permit. NOTE: Residential students requesting to have their permit mailed to them - your permit will be mailed to your CAMPUS address. Residential students requesting "to pick up" their permit may do so the next business day at the Cashier's Office on the first floor of the Lieuallen Asministration Building (valid photo ID must be shown when picking up your permit).

       PAGE 2/3


University Housing 503-838-8311 | or e-mail:

MissionWestern Oregon University | 345 N. Monmouth Ave. | Monmouth OR 97361 | 503-838-8000(V/TTY) | Admissions 1-877-877-1593 | Text only
sandman-127 Remote IP: ((none!))