Support Western's Recycling Team! - SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT, SAVE THE WORLD!
The purpose of the Green Team is to implement, and coordinate the residence hall recycling program; which includes collection, and maintenance of centralized recycling locations throughout the residence halls. Additionally, the team provides educational programming that increases environmental & sustainability awareness within the residence halls.
Your 2012-2013 Green Team Recycling Schedule
- Monday: 10am-12noon - Katie & Zoe
- Tuesday 12-4pm - Maddy
2-4pm - Katie & Zoe
- Thursday 11am-1pm Aaron, Adrianne, & Greg
- Friday - 11am-1pm Aaron & Adrianne
||THE GREEN TEAM: WHAT IT DOES FOR YOU
- Collect recycling in centralized areas within the residence halls.
- Put on educational programs.
- Keep Office Hours.
our office hours will be posted here for Spring term.
- Promote Sustainability
Like Green Team on Facebook!
MEET YOUR 2013 GREEN TEAM MEMBERS
- Year in School: 3rd year
- Major: Mathematics
- Why are you on the Green Team: I’m on Green Team because it helps me stay involved on campus and I get the added bonus of helping keep our campus clean and earth friendly
- What does being Sustainable mean to you: Sustainability means using all of the resources that I have been given to their fullest extent.
- How do you live the Green Dream: Turn off the lights when I leave a room, don’t leave the water running, use reusable bags when I go grocery shopping, and most importantly I recycle
- Year in school: Senior
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Why are you on Green Team: It is important to be responsible for what is recycled on campus and keeping our campus sustainable.
- What does sustainability mean to you: Sustainability is important on our WOU campus due to our involvement with recycling and composting for our environment.
- How do you live the Green Dream: I live the green dream by doing my part in recycling on campus as well as my own at home within our community.
Zoë H. Zellers
- Year in School: Junior
- Major: Communications
- Why are you on Green Team: I wanted some way to be on a bigger scale, more involved with on-campus recycling and green initiatives. I wanted to help
- What does being sustainable mean to you: Things as simple as turning off the lights or not letting the water run while brushing your teeth, but also on a larger scale like making multiple stops when I go out not driving back and forth to places. Plus reducing my carbon footprint.
- How do you live the Green Dream: I’m a vegetarian; I have been for all of my life. I recycle EVERYTHING I can and try to pre-cycle by not buying individually packaged items. I don’t forget to turn off the lights.
- Year in School: Graduated
- Major: Higher Ed
- Why are you on Green Team: I came to WOU from PSU, which has a big sustainability initiative, I was also looking for a work place that values sustainability and the housing department here has that passing with me.
- What does being Sustainable mean to you: It’s about being smart and thinking ahead. It’s more than just recycling, it’s thinking about how your actions will affect the future.
- How do you live the Green Dream: Sustainability is a huge part of my life. I integrate it into my life style, the decisions I make, the products I buy, and the activities I do.
- Year in school: Junior
- Major: Computer Science
- Why are you on Green Team: I am on green team so I can help educate students on how to recycle properly
- What does being sustainable mean to you: To me sustainability means recycling materials that can be recycled, reusing materials that can be reused, and finding a more efficient source of energy.
- How do you live the green dream:I live the green dream by recycling, cutting down my energy use, educating others about recycling, and trying to buy products locally.
- Year in School: Junior
- Major: Psychology
- Why are you on Green Team: Because I live the Green Dream
- What does being Sustainable Mean to You: It means being careful about Recycling
- How do you live the Green Dream: by recycling