- Parent's dedicated to student support and retention.
is the Parents Association?
- The Parents Association is an active group of parents
and friends dedicated to supporting
students and their parents and
to being a resource for Western
WOU's NEW Online Parent Guide
Here is the link to WOU's new online Parent Guide! This guide has a TON of information and access to resources relevant to parents and family members of WOU students. It is interactive and a great way of getting in touch with campus. Simply click the link HERE or go to http://www.universityparent.com/wou.
Here are the membership dues (as approved by the Parents Association):
- BASIC Membership: $32.00
- SILVER Membership: $45.00 (includes full membership & $13.00 scholarship donation)
- GOLD Membership: $90.00 (includes full membership, 3 survival kits and a $19.00 scholarship donation)
- PLATINUM Membership: $125.00 (includes full membership, 3 survival kits, WOU Parents Association sweatshirt and a $27.00 scholarship donation)
These rates will continue for the 2011-2012 year as per the Parents Association meeting spring 2011.
How do I become
- Just contact
the Parents Association we will be
glad to send you an application
with more information, or even
sign you up right over the phone!
- You can also download the Parents Association membership form here.
the Parets Association do?
- Sponsors scholarships
for returning full-time undergraduate
students in good academic standing
with financial need.
- Offers exclusive scholarship opportunity to student whose parents are members.
- The selection
is based on academic merit, leadership,
and other activities.
- Helps students
with unexpected financial needs
through through the Parents Association Emergency Student Aid Fund.
- Provides parents
with information about campus
services, activities, and the
realities of being the parent
of a college student.
- Annually presents
a significant gift to Western
Oregon University to support the
quality of student life.
- Serves as liaison
for parents to the university's
administration, and assists in
public relations efforts.
- Sponsors Family
I be a Parents Association member?
- The Parents Association is a way to be supportive
of your student's college experience.
By staying informed, you won't
miss special opportunities to
visit your son or daughter, and you will know what is happening at WOU even though you may be far away.
- Your support
creates a stronger resource for
all WOU parents.
are four different ways to contact
the Parents Association
- You can call
us at: 503-838-8814
- You can fax
us at: 503-838-8289
can e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can write
to us at:
Parents Association, The Cottage
Western Oregon University
345 N Monmouth Ave
Monmouth, OR 97361
Donate to WOU Parents Association
You can donate to the WOU Parents Association and monies go directly to the WOU Parents Association scholarship fund! Simply click HERE and you will go to WOU's donation web page. Thanks!