- The Northwest Passage will produce two issues in the Fall and Spring of the 2011-2012 academic year.
- We accept works of creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, drama, lyrics, graphic design, photography and digital captures of paintings, drawing and figures.
- Prose pieces should not exceed 2,000 words, submitted in an .rtf, .doc or similar file.
- Art should be in a digital format (JPEG, PDF, etc.)
- All pieces should include the a title and a short caption (limit 100 words).
- All pieces should be e-mailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When submitting your work, please include your name, major, rank in school and a little about yourself (goals, interests, etc.)
- Please fill out a Release Form when submitting your work.
- Submissions by a single contributor for each issue should not exceed 10 pieces of literature or art.
- No more than 3 submissions per contributor will be published per issue.
- Faculty and Staff from every division are encouraged to submit.
- Editorial Board Members are limited to 2 published piece per issue.
- Contributors will receive notification of acceptance or denial via e-mail.
- Acceptance into one issue does not eliminate the possibility of publication in the following issue.
- Submissions are accepted September – June.
- The selection process is blind, meaning Board Members do not know whom the pieces belong to as they review them.
- The Editorial Board, which is comprised of volunteer students, reviews all works submitted.
- The Board choices the best works out of all the submissions. Works that are chosen are then published in the magazine.
- Submissions that are not accepted for that particular issue are archived and could possibly be used in future issues.