To apply for participation in NSE, follow the following steps:
- Schedule an appointment to meet with WOU’s NSE Coordinator
- Pick up an application from Room 203 in the Werner University Center or online.
- Visit the NSE website, nse.org, to gather more information about the program or participating schools
- Review your financial resources. The NSE Budget Worksheet form can help you plan a budget.
- Fill out application for NSE and schedule an appointment with WOU’s NSE Coordinator to turn in application. Applications are due February 15. There are options for late applications — stop by WUC 203 for information.
- Arrange for 1 letter of recommendation form to be sent via email, or submit with your application to
Debbie Diehm, NSE Coordinator, Student Affairs
Western Oregon University, WUC Room 203
345 N. Monmouth Ave.
Monmouth, OR 97361
- Turn in completed application (form, essay, recommendation) and $200 non-refundable application fee
- Start your FAFSA application in October for next academic year if you anticipate paying your host school’s tuition and fees (NSE Tuition Plan A) and you plan on using Financial Aid, list all university placement choices and Western Oregon University (WOU Federal School Code 003209) on your FAFSA application (FAFSA codes are listed at nse.org on each member university’s page).
Forms for NSE Study Away
Links to the application forms to help you start the process to study somewhere else around North America!
Mid-Year Application form (pdf – fillable).
2018-2019 Application form (pdf — fillable).
Letter of Recommendation form (pdf –fillable).
Application for NSE Study Away
The application deadline is February 15, 2018 for study-away placements beginning the following academic year. This includes fall, winter, and spring terms or fall and spring semesters. The fee for application is $200.00.