At Green Dot, we know the impact administrators have in creating safe environments for those under their supervision. On this page you'll find multiple resources that will allow you to easily (and quickly) incorporate the Green Dot message and other best-practices into your department's policies and culture at Western Oregon University. Can't find what you need? Email or call us and we would be happy to help!
Sample Green Dots for Administrators
- Attend and speak at violence prevention events...show your support!
- Believe that rape, abuse, and stalking are unacceptable and say it out loud
- Institute or promote a strict non-violence policy for employees
- Assist anti-violence groups to pass legislation and regulations
- Include green dot information in speeches and public appearances
- Work for adequate funding for local women's centers (like Abby's House, Sable House, Mid Valley Women's Crisis Services), service providers or student organizations that promote anti-violence and survivor assistance programs
- Host local or campus-based experts at institutional meetings
- Provide recognition for outstanding community or individual green dot activity
- Wear a green dot lapel pin
- Add a green dot message to your email tagline, or link to this website
- Schedule a green dot info session (5-60 minutes) for your department's next meeting