Official WOU Green Dot Teams
The following teams have attended the official, 6 hour WOU Green Dot bystander training, with the majority or all members completing the training.
Women's Rugby (2013)
Men's Lacrosse (2012, 2013)
WOU Baseball (2012)
Sample Green Dots for Athletes:
- Believe that violence is wrong...easy, right?
- "Like" the WOU Green Dot Facebook page to stay up to date with what's happening on campus.
- Follow WOU Green Dot on Twitter
- Learn what resources WOU has to assist survivors of violence.
- Watch out for teammates at parties and mixers.
- If you suspect someone you care about is a victim of violence, gently ask if you can help. Believe them if they confide in you, offer to help them find services or help.
- Attend an event sponsored by Green Dot or Abby's House with your teammates.
- Know that your language matters: Limit using phrases like "we are going to rape that team" or other violence-based phrases. Doing this shows survivors that rape isn't something to joke about.
- Sign your team up for a free, official WOU Green Dot bystander training.
- If your whole team can't attend a training, attend one of the bystander trainings that if offered throughout the school year.
- Partner with Green Dot club to host a "Green Dot Game" and promote awareness about violence and your team's commitment to ending violence in our community.
- Display the Green Dot logo on your uniforms or gear...let the community know you are a Green Dot team!
- Host a fundraiser or volunteer for local organizations that work to prevent violence (WOU Green Dot, Abby's House) or support survivors (Abby's House, Sable House in Dallas, Mid Valley Women's Crisis Center).
For more information about how your team can join the ranks of official WOU Green Dot teams,,
e-mail trainer Craig Wimmer at email@example.com .
THIS IS A FREE TRAINING.
Other training opportunities are available for students who wish to participate in an official
WOU Green Dot Bystander training.