Provost Transfer Scholarships
- Awarded to new transfer students
- Minimum 3.5 transferable GPA
- Amount is $1,500 per year
- Scholarships are renewable for a total of two years
These scholarships are awarded based on information provided from the WOU Undergraduate Admissions Application; no separate application is required.
- Students must have a completed Admissions Application on file by February 28, 2014 for priority scholarship consideration.
WOU Foundation Scholarships
Complete the WOU General Scholarship Application to be considered for over 100 different WOU scholarship programs, including scholarships from institutional funds and private donors through the WOU Foundation. Selection criteria vary by scholarship, but generally include academic merit, extracurricular activities, personal essays, and overall quality of application. Financial need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), is an additional factor for some scholarships.
- Application deadline is April 15, 2014 5:00pm - 2014-15 applications are currently being accepted; click the red "Apply for Scholarships" button above to get started. Applicants will be notified of scholarship selections as soon as possible with a goal of notifications being sent around April 15.
Students are encouraged to begin the scholarship application prior to the deadline to allow time for processing and potential technical difficulties. The availability for last-minute technical assistance may not make it possible for students applying only days or hours before the deadline to submit a quality scholarship application.
Diversity Commitment Scholarship
At Western Oregon University, we believe a diverse campus community improves the overall quality of education our students receive by offering a mix of experiences, opinions, and viewpoints. We are committed to recognizing and supporting outstanding students from diverse cultural, educational, and economic backgrounds, with unique talents, interests, and life experiences.
- Awarded to high school senior and new transfer students
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Scholarships are $4,000 per year
- Renewable for up to four years for new freshmen and up to two years for transfer students
With this program, members of the Oregon National Guard and Reserves who have been deployed in a combat zone since September 11, 2001 may receive an award to help cover the cost of tuition and fees.
Veteran Non-Resident Tuition Remission
To qualify for the remission, the nonresident veteran must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States
and was relieved or discharged from that service under honorable conditions as defined by ORS 408.225 and as
shown on the student’s DD-214.
Check our Departmental Scholarships
Check our Private Scholarships page
Check our States Scholarships page