The Outdoor Program provides resource people during each trip who are available to share skills and educate participants about Leave No Trace principles. Each individual is a common adventurer and is responsible for their own decisions and behavior. Participants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is courteous and considerate of the diverse group of individuals that may also be participating in the activity. Please email Melissa Ineck for information regarding trips.
Silver Falls 101
Registration Code: 132801 01
Date: Sunday, October 27, 2013
Information: We will meet at the HWC at 10:00am, load and depart for Silver Falls State Park. This is a relaxing day hike opportunity to see fall foliage and water falls while on a paved trail. A section of the Trail of Ten Falls will offer the best opportunity for photographing the waterfalls this fall. We will park at the South Falls Day- use area and hike from South Falls to Winter Falls where we will turn around or complete our loop along the Rim Trail.
Fees: $10.00 and this is a limit of 9 persons for the trip. A minimum of 4 persons is needed to make this trip a go. To sign up stop by the Health and Wellness Center´s front desk. Registration deadline is Thursday, October 24, 2013.
Need gear to get outside? We’ve got it ready for you at prices you can afford. Take advantage and come down to the Health and Wellness Center and get just the right gear for your own adventure.
The Outdoor equipment rental program exists to serve the WOU community. In order to rent equipment individuals must present thier current WOU ID Card. Without proof of affiliation with WOU, equipment will not be rented.
- Equipment is checked out at the HWC front desk upon availability of that equipment.
- Renter must have a valid WOU ID Card to check out equipment.
- Any equipment checked out under your account becomes the renter´s responsibility and must be returned by the renter.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to inspect equipment being rented for any previous damage.
- A rental agreement form will be completed upon rental.
- Renters will be required to sign the form that includes a statement indicating it is the renter´s responsibility to know how to properly use, operate, secure and maintain the equipment.
- Individuals should allow adequate time for larger rentals. Please allow 30 minutes for the larger packages, such as tents. For smaller rentals please allow 15 minutes.
- No fee or payment required at time of check out.
- Rental equipment can be returned at the HWC front desk.
- A rental agreement form will be completed upon check in.
- Damage is assessed upon return of the equipment to the HWC front desk.
- Individuals should allow adequate time for larger rental returns. Please allow 30 minutes for the larger packages, such as tents. For smaller rentals please allow 15 minutes.
- Rental fees are assessed at time of check-in.
- Payment required at time of check-in (cash or check only).
- If the equipment is damaged upon return, the cost of the repairs will be assessed and charged to the renter´s WOU account. If the equipment is irreparable or missing items are not returned the cost of the replacement value of the equipment will be charged to the renter´s WOU account.
- All lost or damaged equipment is subject to a fine.
- It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure they have adequate transportation and in some cases, storage, for the equipment.
- If the equipment is not returned within 21 days the replacement value of the unreturned equipment will be charged to the renter´s WOU account.
- The renter will receive an email notification informing them of the charges.
- An individual can only rent equipment under their account for themselves and two (2) other individuals. Rentals larger than this require additional accounts to be utilized.
- Equipment is allowed to be checked out for no more than 21 days at a time.