The WOU Office of Admissions is looking forward to receiving your application. The undergraduate application for admission is only for new freshmen and transfer students.
Before you proceed with completing the online application for admission, please read the following information and complete the checklist acknowledging your responsibilities as a new applicant.
Important online payment information:
- Credit/debit card: WOU accepts MasterCard, Discover, and Visa online. A 2% service fee is charged for credit/debit card payments.
- Electronic check(E-Check): You can make an electronic payment from your checking or savings account. You will need to enter your bank routing number and account number, along with the Login ID you used to create your application. No service fee is charged for E-Check payments.
- Check: If you wish to pay with a check, please submit your application without payment. Checks can be mailed to: Office of Admissions, Western Oregon University, 345 N. Monmouth Ave, Monmouth, OR 97361
- OUS Deferral/College Board Fee Waiver: Students who qualify for a fee deferral using the Oregon University System Request for Deferral of Application Fee for Admissions form or the College Board Fee Waiver may submit their online application without payment. The OUS Deferral is available at http://www.ous.edu/sites/default/files/stucoun/prospstu/files/2014_15_deferral_form.pdf. Please mail or fax (503-838-8067) your completed deferral form to the Office of Admissions. Note: The OUS Deferral and College Board Fee Waiver do not waive the application fee.
Once you create an account and start your application:
- You will not be obligated to fill out every section in one sitting, but after two months of inactivity your information will be deleted from the database.
- You will have an account which you may return to at any time to fill/update your application.
- After completing your application, you will also have the opportunity to complete the University Housing application. First-year students who enter WOU within one year of high school graduation are required to spend their first year in university-operated housing.
Application checklist and acknowledgement of responsibilities:
- I understand that my application will not be processed without payment or a complete deferral form.
- I will provide WOU my official high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores (freshmen) or official transcripts from every college attended (transfer students).
- The information that I am providing for my application is complete and accurate. I am responsible for any incomplete/inaccurate information that may delay the processing of my application.
Link for online application:
Login to continue your undergraduate application (I have started but not finished my application)
Link for printable application:
New undergraduate (pdf)
Request for paper application:
If you wish to receive a paper copy of the application packet, which includes the University Housing application, please email the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or call toll free 1-877-877-1593, option 1.
Once you enter the system,
You will not be obligated to fill out every section in one sitting.
You will have an account which you may return to at any time to fill/update your application.
Once you have completed and submitted the application,
Please request that your official high school transcript and SAT or ACT scores be sent to the Office of Admissions. High school seniors with college credit are required to provide an official transcript from the institution awarding the credit. Transfer students are required to provide transcripts from every college or university attended.
Official transcripts and test scores should be mailed to:
- Office of Admissions
Western Oregon University
345 N. Monmouth Avenue
Monmouth, OR 97361
Please Note: After two months of inactivity, your information will be deleted from the database.