Home » Placement
Spanish Placement – FAQ
What is the online placement test?
- Students who have had previous study of Spanish in high school and intend to continue in the language must take the online WebCAPE placement test to determine which level of course to register for at WOU.
- The department will review the results of the placement examination in conjunction with other information, such as number of years that the language was studied, grades earned, etc. The department reserves the right to change the student’s placement if it believes that the student has not been placed at the most appropriate level.
- Students who believe they were misplaced on the basis of the placement test score should consult the department of Modern Languages at email@example.com
Who needs to take the online placement test?
- Incoming freshmen who have earned high school credits in Spanish and are in one of the colleges that require a language must take the placement test.
What do I need to take the online placement exam?
- 20 – 30 minutes depending on your skill level of the language.
- 1 or more years in Spanish in high school.
- If you have not studied French, German or Spanish, register for course level 101 in the respective language. Level 101 is an elementary level and you do not have to take the placement exam.
- Take the exam ONLY ONCE.
Online placement test for students who studied Spanish.
- This link will take you to your Portal
- Print your results for your records.