WOU Volunteer ListServ
Join WOU’s volunteer listserv to learn about upcoming one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities, alternative break announcements, and ways to engage with local community partners.
Schedule an Appointment
Interested in discussing specific opportunities and ways to connect with volunteer organizations, Make an Appointment on WolfLink with our staff.
Volunteer Project Request Form
Have a group volunteer project coming up? SLCD can connect you with local community partners in need of help. Submit a request form to our office so we can better assist you.
Volunteer Search Engines
WOU’s online job search platform (volunteer, intern, part-time, and full-time). Organizations are looking to hire WOU students.
Membership of local area organizations committed to strong volunteer engagement and support
Connect with volunteer opportunities that makes a meaningful, rewarding change in the Greater Portland area.
- All for Good
- HandsOn Network
- The Nonprofit Assocation of Oregon
- United We Serve
- United Way of Mid-Willamette Valley
- Volunteer Match
► Local Volunteer Opportunities
Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID)
Albany General Hospital Network
American Cancer Society
American Medical Response
American Red Cross Willamette Chapter
Autism Society of Oregon
Boys and Girls Club
Boys and Girls Club – T3 Training Teens for Tomorrow
Cascade AIDS Project
Children’s Relief Nursery a Program with LifeWorks NW
Community Action Drug Prevention Network
Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
Dallas Retirement Village
Diabetes Support Services Inc
Doernbecher’s Children Hospital
Easter Seals Children’s Therapy Center
Event Medical Services
Farmworker Housing Development Corporation
Friends of Salem Saturday Market
Habitat for Humanity
Hallman Elementary School
HOME Youth Resource Center Outreach
Hospice Care NW
Joys of Living Assistance Dogs
Judson Middle School
Lamb Elementary School
Language in Motion
Maine Conservation Corps
Make a Wish Foundation Oregon Chapter
Mano a Mano Family Center
Marion County District Attorney’s Office
Marion County Health Department
Marion County Volunteer Services
McKay Area Coalition for Student Success
Medical Team International
Mid-Valley Women’s Crisis Center
Morrison Child and Family Services
Northwest Human Services
Northwest Outdoor Science School
Northwest Senior and Disability Services
Old Aurora Colony Museum
One Fair World
Oregon Council on Developmental Disability
Oregon Department of Human Services
Oregon Foundation of Reproductive Health
Oregon Health Sciences University
Oregon Parent Training and Information Center
Oregon School for the Deaf
Oregon State Capitol
Oregon State Library
Partnerships in Community Living
PCUN Oregon’s Farmworker Union
Planned Parenthood – Columbia Willamette
Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette
Richmond Elementary School
Salem Dream Center
Salem Free Clinic
Salem Friends of Felines
Salem Public Library
Salem’s Riverfront Carousel
Salem-Keizer Education Foundation
Salem-Keizer Family Literacy Program – Even Start Baker School
Sierra Club – Beyond Coal Campaign
Special Olympics Oregon
St. Francis Shelter
Talented & Gifted Services, Salem-Keizer School District
Trauma Intervention Program
Turtle Ridge Wildlife Center
Willamette Family Medical Center
Willamette Humane Society
Willamette Valley Hospice
Willson House Child Development Center
YWCA Salem Outreach Shelter
► International Volunteer Opportunities
Organizations Based in Oregon
- Casa Verde (http://casaverdeconnects.com)
- Casa Verde is a Portland based organization that facilitates experiential service-learning programs that focus on global citizenship, sustainable living and community development in El Limon, Nicaragua.
- Friends of Pimpollo (http://friendsofpimpollo.org)
- Friends of Pimpollo is a Salem based organization that serves schools and students in Mexico to allow everyone the ability to receive a proper education.
- Habitat for Humanity (http://www.habitat.org/)
- Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit housing organization founded on the conviction that everyone should have a decent, safe, affordable place to live. Habitat for humanity provides short term or long term volunteer opportunities in a variety of locations ranging from Oregon to China.
- Medical Teams International (http://www.medicalteams.org)
- Medical Teams International is a Portland based organization that responds to disaster, conflict, and poverty at home and abroad.
- MercyCorps (https://www.mercycorps.org)
- MercyCorps is a Portland based organization that serves more than 40 countries when natural disaster strikes, economies collapse, or conflict erupts.
- Ncompass (http://www.worldncompass.org)
- Ncompass is a Beaverton based non-profit that works on impacting and building up today’s youth around the world. Ncompass serves a vast variety of children in Haiti.
Organizations Based Abroad
- AMOS (http://www.amoshealth.org)
- AMOS is a health care organization based in Nicaragua that provides healthcare services and community health education to the communities and citizens of Nicaragua.
- Aston Educational Group (http://www.astonrecruiting.com)
- The Aston Educational Group companies focus on providing premium quality training in English language and career skills to individuals and organizations in Asia.
- Elephant Nature Park (http://www.elephantnaturepark.org)
- Elephant Nature Park is a project based in Northern Thailand that provides a sanctuary and rescue center for elephants and other rescued species.
- Students Helping Honduras (http://shhkids.org)
- Students Helping Honduras is an organization that focuses on improving the lives of the citizens of Honduras. Students Helping Honduras builds schools, homes, and assists the citizens with any needs that the citizens may ask for.