The WOUAlert emergency notification system provided by Everbridge (formerly 3n National Notification Network) enables the university to contact the WOU community in the event of an emergency by sending messages via your preferred electronic devices:
- Text Messages
WOUAlert is not used to send non-emergency, routine or spam messages.
How will WOUAlert be used?
Situations for which WOUAlert may be used include (but are not limited to):
- Campus closings due to emergency, non weather related, situations
- Building emergencies if related to an emergency situation
- Potential life-threatening situations on campus
- Activation of emergency response teams
Under what conditions would you not receive these messages?
- If you have NOT “opted-in” to the WOUAlert notification system.
- If you “OPT-IN” but you have not provided accurate/updated information.
- If you “OPT-OUT” of the WOUAlert notification system.
- If you are not a registered student or an active WOU employee at the time of notification
- Issues with your mobile device service provider.
- Spam filter may have blocked an e-mail from being delivered.
What kinds of messages will be sent?
Depending on your device of choice, here is an example of what a WOUAlert message might look like:
WOUALERT – ARMED SUBJECT in the Werner Center.
If you are in Werner Center, evacuate immediately. If you are not in the Werner Center, avoid this area. Visit www.wou.edu and check e-mail for details.
PLEASE SAVE 503-838-8000 TO YOUR CELL PHONE CONTACTS
- Text message: WOUAlert (Display number phone #: 503-838-8000)
- Phone call caller ID: 503-838-8000
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
All WOU students, faculty and staff have their WOU e-mail account address automatically downloaded into the WOUAlert System. To add contact numbers (cell, office, home, parents), additional e-mail addresses, or text contact information, log into the WOU Portal as normal and click on the WOUAlert icon across the top. You will be taken to your account information and then can make the additions and/or changes.
Still have questions?
Contact: The WOU Campus Public Safety Department