The Executive Committee is a representative, university-wide body that supports the mission and guides the work of the Program for Undergraduate Research Experiences at Western Oregon University.
The PURE Executive Committee meets monthly during the academic year to support the mission of the program. Executive members are approved by a majority vote and serve a three-year period with the option to request service for a second three-year term. The executive committee is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Planning: set strategic directions and programmatic priorities for the Program for Undergraduate Research Experiences; review and analyze progress; modify annual plans, as necessary.
- Deciding: make decisions regarding issues related to the Program for Undergraduate Research Experiences.
- Reporting: communicate Program for Undergraduate Research Experiences initiatives and accomplishments to the campus governance structure and develop reports, as needed.
- Advising: provide ongoing consultation and recommendations to the Coordinator of the Program for Undergraduate Research Experiences.
- Budgeting: develop annual budget, in consultation with the Coordinator of the Program for Undergraduate Research Experiences; provide ongoing comments and suggestions regarding annual budgets; ensure that the budget aligns with priorities and planned initiatives; review and modify the budget as necessary; work with the Coordinator to resolve budget-related issues and funding problems.
- Marketing: guide the presentation of the Program for Undergraduate Research Experiences and its key initiatives to WOU and the larger community; acting as liaisons for PURE to the community at large.
- Evaluating: develop and maintain processes by which the effectiveness and efficiency of Program for Undergraduate Research Experiences operations are assessed periodically; ensure that recommendations for improving the Program for Undergraduate Research Experiences are built into the ongoing planning and review cycle.
Ava Howard – Chairperson, Program Coordinator
Gregory Zobel (Gz) – Incoming Coordinator (July 2018)
Mike Baltzley – CLAS representative
Scott Beaver – CLAS representative
Shaun Huston – CLAS representative
Rebecca McCannell – CLAS represenative
Xiaopeng Gong – COE representative
Jennifer Taylor – COE representative
Gavin Keulks – Honors Program representative
Sue Kunda – LMS representative
Paula Baldwin – PURE Insights Managing Editor
Margret Manoogian – at large representative
Adry Clark – at large representative