Model United Nations
MUNFW 2018- with Consul General
Nuno Mathias of Portugal
Mini MUN Fall 2018- Willamette University
MUNFW 2018- visiting San Francisco
Fall: 11:00am on Fridays in Ackerman 139
Winter and Spring: 12:00pm on Fridays in Ackerman 141
WHO WE ARE:
— WE, THE MEMBERS OF THE WESTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY MODEL UNITED NATIONS, determined to stimulate a deeper knowledge of the United Nations Organization, and to develop and establish a working understanding of the humanitarian, social, economic, cultural, legal, and political problems of the world, and to provide a free and open forum for the study and discussion of these problems, have resolved to combine our efforts to accomplish these aims.
What We Are Looking For:
- Want to travel to new and exciting destinations such as Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver, Switzerland, the Netherlands, and France?
- Want to meet a diverse group of students and make new friends?
- Want to debate world issues?
- Want to improve your public speaking, research, and writing skills?
- Want to change the world today?
- Want to challenge yourself?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, come and join us!
Model United Nations Scholarship
WOU student with outstanding performance, contribution, and commitment to WOUMUN
1. A short essay (200-300 words) that describes how:
- Model United Nations will help you achieve your academic and career goals, and why you want to be a member of the club
- How you will contribute to recruiting and fundraising for the club
2. As a recipient of the WOUMUN scholarship, you will be given a directorate at-large position on the WOUMUN directorate (leadership committee). Are you prepared to accept and fulfill this position? If so, provide a statement affirming this commitment and describing what would you hope to achieve in this position
3. Provide a polished Position Paper/Policy Statement from a MUN conference