Out-of-State Internship Authorization
Internships Outside of Oregon
Supervised field experiences that allow students to engage in the practical application of prior learning, regardless of whether the student earns credit for the activity.
Please contact us if, for any internships outside of Oregon:
- Your program anticipates placing multiple (5+) students at a single internship site during the same term;
- An office, classroom, other physical location, and/or mailing address will be established in that state, by WOU, to support the internship and/or program;
- Field research/study will be conducted in that by one or more WOU employees, who are supervising/directing more than two students;
- Students will be required to attend a class or other instructional activity in person for more than six hours in a term; and/or
- The internship is intended to prepare the student(s) for a professional license in that state (or could be used to support the student obtaining that license).
Students may accept internship placements in the following states and territories:
|Arkansas||Kentucky||New Mexico||U.S. Virgin Islands|
|District of Columbia||Massachusetts||Ohio||Washington|
Other Approved States
If a student is interested in an internship placement in any of the following states or territories, please contact us:
|American Samoa||Northern Mariana Islands|