What services are available?
SEP offers the following free services to its participants:
• Academic advising for students as they proceed through the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum (LACC), choose a major and file a degree plan
• Assistance working with various departments on campus to understand university policies
• Support advising for personal concerns and career goal setting and post baccalaureate opportunities
• Supplemental instruction in basic math courses
• Individualized instruction with professional staff in reading, speech, study skills, writing and critical thinking skills
• Summer Bridge program orienting new students to a successful life at WOU (2 credits)
• Supplemental grant aid to eligible participants
• Panel programs or regional graduate school visits each term
• Seminars on topics of interest to students, such as: study skills, stress management, campus and community resources, time management, deciding on a major, financial aid, scholarship research, graduation requirements, study abroad opportunities, etc.
• Admission to cultural enrichment activities to help students broaden their awareness and get to know other students
• Availability of textbooks, laptop and desktop computers, voice recorders, graphing calculators, resource materials, and a lending library for checkout to participants
• Organized social programs to promote interaction among SEP participants
Student Enrichment Program 503-838-8550 | or e-mail: email@example.com