Skip to main content
Switch to text-only version
Get accessibility information and assistance


Hamersly Library

Natural SciencesBuilding - Natural Sciences (NS)


CONSTRUCTION DATES: The Natural Sciences building was constructed in 1969 on the southwest corner of the campus.

 

REMODEL: There have been no significant renovations of Natural Science as of 2005.

 

CONSTRUCTION COMPANY: Robert D. Morrow, Inc of Salem was the lead contractor on Natural Sciences.

 

COSTS: Natural Sciences was built for $1.02 million dollars.

 

ARCHITECTS AND BUILDING STYLE: Hewlett and Jamison of Portland on the architectural contract for Natural Sciences.

 

CURRENT USES: The Natural Sciences building houses the chemistry, biology, geology, earth science, and physical science departments. Offices, classrooms, and state-of-the-art labs are all in the Natural Sciences. Until completion of the building, most science classes were offered in the current Administration Building, and prior to that in Campbell Hall.

 

HISTORY: Natural Sciences was built as a classroom and laboratory building for the science department. Until completion of the Natural Sciences Building, science classes were taught on the third floor of the Administration Building.

 

OTHER INTERESTING FACTS: The Natural Sciences building has a rooftop greenhouse and a basement cadaver lab.

Contact

Hamersly Library Hamersly Library 503-838-8418 | libweb@wou.edu

MissionWestern Oregon University | 345 N. Monmouth Ave. | Monmouth OR 97361 | 503-838-8000(V/TTY) | Admissions 1-877-877-1593 | webmaster@wou.edu Text only
shocker-127 Remote IP: 54.234.128.25 ((none!))