Millstones
Millstone
From the Vanderpool Mill, Parker District in Polk County, Oregon
View looking north.
The plaque for the millstones is on the south face of the concrete base.
 
The caption under a photograph (much like the one above) in the "OCEAN" (Oregon College of Education Alumni News) dated March 1975, contains the following ~
 
"Millstones which were placed on a pedestal behind the old south wing of Campbell Hall in 1925 still stand in nearly the same place.
The hand-wrought stones were shaped by Medis Vanderpool, a surveyor who established a grist mill south of Monmouth in about 1850."
 
Location on campus:
Sandwiched between the north tennis court and the
northwest corner of the west wing of the Humanities and Social Sciences building
See the plaque