Please send questions about this form to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.838.8425
International students who plan to transfer to a different SEVIS-approved school in the U.S. must do the following:
- complete and submit the online form below
- provide a copy of the acceptance letter from the new school
- provide a transfer form from the new school for ISSA to complete (if required by the other school)
- NOTE: Students funded by a Cultural Mission must submit a copy of the financial guarantee issued to the new school as proof of permission to transfer
Consider the following when choosing to transfer to a new school:
- If you apply to more than one school, note that WOU can only transfer your SEVIS record one time to one school.
- If you decide to cancel your school transfer, you must notify the ISSA office before the transfer date. ISSA cannot access your SEVIS record after the transfer date.
- If you work on-campus at WOU, the transfer date is the last day you are eligible to work.
- If you have OPT, CPT or off-campus employment authorization at WOU, these authorizations are cancelled on the transfer date.
- If you plan to travel outside the U.S. after your SEVIS record has been transferred, you must reenter the U.S. using the I-20 issued by the new school. Please communicate with your new school about getting a new I-20 and about travel and reentry.