Skip to main content
Switch to text-only version
Get accessibility information and assistance

International Education & Development

Please send questions about this form to or call 503.838.8425

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

How to apply for CPT:

  1. Obtain a job or internship that will allow you to earn credit toward your degree program

  2. Obtain a job offer letter on company letterhead from the employer of the job or internship containing the following information:

    • your job title and general work responsibilities

    • start and end dates of employment

    • number of work hours per week

    • whether the position is paid or unpaid (not necessary to tell the dollar amount)

    • employer or supervisor’s signature

    • the letter must include all of this information to receive CPT authorization

  3. Complete the online form below.

  4. Give your academic advisor the CPT Advisor Verification Form (PDF)

  5. Register for the class that requires the internship. Print your class registration.

  6. Make an appointment with the international student advisor in the ISSA office.

  7. Bring all of the above documents, your passport, I-94 card, and I-20 to the meeting.

  8. After turning in your documents, allow 2 days for processing. .

After you have pressed "Submit", scroll up to read the confirmation message at the top of the form.


International Education & Development ph:503-838-8425 fax:503-838-8338 | or e-mail:

MissionWestern Oregon University | 345 N. Monmouth Ave. | Monmouth OR 97361 | 503-838-8000 | Admissions 1-877-877-1593 | Text only Remote IP: ((none!))