WOU’s accreditation with the Northwest Commission of Colleges & Universities (NWCCU) is based on:
- Mission fulfillment, in light of our core themes of student success and academic excellence
- WOU’s mission is to provide lasting opportunities for student success through transformational education and personalized support.
- WOU”s Core Themes — our highest institutional priorities — are Student Success and Academic Excellence.
- The demonstrated effectiveness of our processes for planning, budgeting, assessment and continuous improvement
- The adequacy of our resources and capacity
March 2017: Year 1 Mission Fulfillment & Core Themes Report
- This report sets the stage for the upcoming accreditation cycle by defining mission, core themes and mission fulfillment.
- This report included responses to Recommendations 1, 2 and 3 from the 2016 Evaluation.
September 2017: Ad Hoc Self-Evaluation Report
- This report responded to Recommendations 4, 6 and 7 from the 2016 Evaluation.
March 2019: 2019 Mid-Cycle Report
- This report appraises our readiness to effectively use institution-wide planning, budgeting, assessment and continuous improvement to fulfill our mission.
- This report includes a response to Recommendation 5 and updates on Recommendations 4, 6 and 7 from the 2016 Evaluation.
April 4-5, 2019: Mid-Cycle Visit
- This visit is an opportunity to share our plans and progress with a small team of peers and receive formative feedback.
March 2023: Mission Fulfillment and Sustainability Report
- In this report, we demonstrate the degree to which we have fulfilled our mission.
Update on 2018-19 NWCCU Accreditation Activities
- A Summary Table for Core Themes, Objectives, Indicators, Targets, Outcomes — updated annually
2019 Mid-Cycle Report
- Report purpose and overview
- Processes in support of mission fulfillment
- Case Study #2: 180-Credit Audit of Undergraduate Degrees (Spring 2017)
- Accreditation Handbook
- Substantive Change Manual
- ALO Orientation Handbook
- Guidelines for Mid-Cycle Reports
- Guidelines for Year Seven Self-Evaluation Reports
- Standard 2 Required Documents Check List
Accreditation Liaison Officer: Sue Monahan, Associate Provost for Program Development (email@example.com)