- Degree: Master of Science in Education
- Area of Interest:Early Intervention/Special Education I and II
- College: College of Education
- Department: Special Education
Screening and admission process for the 2014-2016 cohort of the EI/ECSE Program is open, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Successful candidates begin the program fall term 2014.
New scholarship: Tamara Condit-Whitehouse Scholarship for Excellence in Special Education - $1,000 award each fall term
New scholarship: Hank Bersani Scholarship for Excellence in Special Education - tbd, award each fall term
Graduate Programs Application Requirements
WOU Graduate School Office – Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed WOU Application for Graduate Admission form . Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building office 202. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of undergraduate coursework is required. Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement).
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. If the applicant's GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0, minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- $60 non refundable application fee
Special Education Admission Requirements
- First submit a complete a Graduate Student Application to Western Oregon University
- Second submit a complete EI/ECSE program application