Your best preparation for the MS RMHC program:To be admitted, you should already have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- MAT or GRE test scores for those with less than a 3.0 gpa on last 90 quarter credit hours
- For international requirements please visit the International Scholars office
Steps in applying to MS RMHC program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to MS RMCH program
- We let you know via email about university acceptance by June.
Deadlines and key dates:Graduate students may apply to the program any term..
- Recommended that you apply directly to Graduate Program within 15 days of the deadline.
- Apply to the program by February 15th.
Detailed application requirements:
- Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
If you don’t live in Oregon and are applying for an online program:We welcome applications from residents of most states.However, Western Oregon University is unable to accept new distance students residing in Alabama, Arkansas, and Maryland at this time. Distance students in some other states may face additional restrictions regarding program admission and activity. Visit our State Authorization page to learn more.
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission form: Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building Office 202. You must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the MS RMHC program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- $60 application fee
- Sealed official transcripts: From the college or university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of coursework is required. If you have less than a 3.0 GPA, you can be admitted with sufficient MAT or GRE scores (see next point). Students who have already obtained a master's degree from an accredited institution will have their GPA requirement waived.
- MAT or GRE score: If your GPA is 3.0 or higher, you do not have to submit test scores. If your GPA is less than 3.0, your minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- Apply for MS RMHC admission:
Process: You will be notified via email regarding acceptance status by June. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You will be notified via email if you are missing any application components.
Admissions to the graduate program adheres to the guidelines laid down for general admission to the Graduate Programs at WOU, along with the following steps of application (all forms require Adobe Reader to save and create your digital signature):
Program application submitted concurrently with WOU graduate application. Submit program application to:
College of Education, ED220
Western Oregon University
345 N. Monmouth Avenue
Monmouth, OR 97361
- Complete an interview by the RMHC program admissions committee:
Interview with team from Rehabilitation Counselor Education. Interviews are generally scheduled beginning in March and April.You can locate more information about our program here.
- Hear back from us.
- Enroll in classes! (You will have to pay a one-time $300 matriculation fee at this point.)