- Degree: Master of Science in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- College: College of Education
- Department: Special Education
Program applications are reviewed February 15 through March 15 (or until slots are filled), and on-campus interviews are generally held late April and early May. Early application is recommended. RCE program staff generally interview 25 to 35 prospective students each spring, accepting 12 to 15 new students each year.
Notice of acceptance to the program is usually sent by June. You must be accepted by both the university and the RCE program before beginning your graduate studies in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling.
Graduate Programs Application Requirements
Graduate Admission to the University – Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed WOU Application for Graduate Admission form. Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building room 202. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of coursework is required. Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement).
- If the applicant's GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0, minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; or (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- Students who have already obtained their Master's degree from an accredited institution will have their gpa requirement waived.
- $60 non-refundable application fee
Program Application Requirements
Program application submitted concurrently with WOU graduate application. Submit program application to:
College of Education, ED220
Western Oregon University
345 N. Monmouth Avenue
Monmouth, OR 97361
Complete an interview by the RCE program admissions committee:
Interview with team from Rehabilitation Counselor Education. Interviews are generally scheduled beginning in March and April.You can locate more information about our program here.
All forms require Adobe Reader ™ to save and create your digital signature.