Meeting the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) requirements for Continuing Teaching License or those that desire to pursue further education in the area of education.
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Background in Education
Finishing will take:
- 2 years
- 45 credits
- A master's thesis, professional project, or comprehensive exams
Begin your Master of Science in Education program:
Where you will take classes:
- On campus
- Online/distance fall, winter, spring, and summer
Technology you will need:
- Internet connection
Licensing required:Most applicants are licensed teachers, however licensure is not required.
Where this degree can take you:
- Teaching K-12
- Academic Leadership
- Preparation for doctoral programs
What you will learn:
The Master of Science in Education (MS in Ed) degree provides a critical, advanced, and intellectually rigorous curriculum in which practicing teachers can advance their knowledge of the teaching/learning process, demonstrate an exemplary level of competence in all aspects of teaching, increase their knowledge of content information and materials, and show their commitment to professional excellence and leadership. Our program responds to the well documented to develop a cadre of professional educators who demonstrate advanced knowledge in standards-based education and who are capable of assisting others to reach the professional level of teaching. Responsibilities of master teachers go beyond the typical classroom as they are called upon to design and implement new programs and work in collaborative settings.
- Advance knowledge of the teaching/learning process and demonstrate an exemplary level of competence in all aspects of teaching.
- Increase knowledge of content information and materials.
- Show commitment to professional leadership.