- Degree: Master of Science in Education
- College: College of Education
It is the applicant’s responsibility to be certain all admission materials are complete and turned in to the College of Education in a timely manner. There is no official closing date for application for admission to the MSED: Curriculum and Instruction program.
WOU Graduate School Office – Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed WOU Application for Graduate Admission form . Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building office 202. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of coursework is required. Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement).
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. If the applicant's GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0, minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) GRE: minimum quantitative score: 147 and minimum verbal score: 148 and a 3.5 or higher on the Analytical Writing section.
- Students who have already obtained their Master's degree from an accredited institution will have their gpa requirement waived.
- $60 non refundable application fee
MSED: Curriculum and Instruction Admission Requirements
To seek admission to the Master of Science in Education program, first complete university requirements (see above) and then complete and submit the Master of Science in Education Program Application form. Submit the application to the College of Education:
MS in Education Program Coordinator, Education Building Room 202, Western Oregon University, Monmouth, Oregon 97361
All forms require Adobe Reader ™ to save and create your digital signature.