Conveying the broad scope of applied musical practice in the 21st century
Audio Production Requirements:
- Three (3) sample recordings (CD and/or DVD formats only) of diverse styles that applicant has recorded and engineered.
- A current résumé or vita detailing your professional experience, recording/engineering credits, honors, and awards.
- A list of audio hardware and software with which applicant has substantial experience.
- Copies of select programs of concerts/music productions applicant has recorded/engineered.
- A personal statement that addresses 1] recording technology aesthetics and influences; 2] statement of purpose (why are you interested in pursuing graduate studies at Western Oregon University); and 3] long range professional goals. This personal statement is in addition to the required writing sample for the Music Department application.
(back to Admission)